Data Protection Policy
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Serangoon Gardens Country Club operates in full compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 2012 (PDPA). Below outlines our Data Protection Policies.
By accessing this website and submitting your data through our portal, you give permission to Serangoon Gardens Country Club (SGCC) to collect, use, disclose or otherwise process said personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). You, therefore, accept the following:
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. That SGCC shall seek my consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using my personal data for a purpose which I have not been notified to (except where permitted or authorised by law).
2. That SGCC may from time to time use my personal data for (but not confined to) the following purposes:
a) performing obligations in the course of/or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by myself;
b) verifying my identity;
c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from myself;
d) managing my relationship with SGCC;
e) processing payment or credit transactions;
f) sending information about the Club’s activities/Membership Rewards/events/news;
g) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
h) any other purposes for which I have provided the information;
i) transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
j) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
3. SGCC may disclose my personal data:
a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with SGCC’s provision of the goods or services requested by myself; or
b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations SGCC have engaged to perform any of the functions listed above for me.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
4. I acknowledge that I have the right to withdraw my consent for use of any personal data that falls outside said Membership matters. My request will be processed within ten (10) business days of SGCC receiving a written request made out to Membership@sgcc.com.sg using the Withdrawal of Consent Form.
5. I understand that depending on the nature and scope of my request, SGCC may not be in a position to continue providing its goods or services to me and they shall, in such circumstances, notify me before completing the processing of said request. Should I decide to cancel my withdrawal of consent, I will do so in writing in the manner described in clause 5 above.
6. I acknowledge that withdrawal of consent does not affect SGCC’s right to continue to collecting, using and disclosing personal data where such collection, use and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
7. I may make…
(a)an access request for access to a copy of the persona data which SGCC holds of me, or information about the ways in which SGCC uses or discloses my personal data, or
(b)a correction request to correct or update any of my personal data which SGCC holds about me.
I can do so by submitting a request in writing or via email using the Access Request Form or the Personal Particulars Update Form to SGCC’s Membership Department at the contact details provided in this document.
8. SGCC will respond to my request as soon as reasonably possible. Should SGCC not be able to respond within thirty (30) days after receiving my request, they shall inform me in writing within said thirty (30) days period. If SGCC is unable to provide me with any personal data or to make a correction requested by myself, they shall generally inform me of the reasons why said request was unable to be processed (except where they are not required to under the PDPA). I understand that this access/correction process may incur a reasonable fee, of which SGCC will inform me before processing the request.
9. I acknowledge that it is important to keep my personal data as current, complete and accurate as possible, and will ensure to update SGCC if and when there are changes to my personal data through the Membership Relations Department, and relevant Particulars Update form.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
10. SGCC holds the security of my personal data at utmost importance and has set in place safeguards to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. SGCC has introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third-party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis. All hardcopy personal data is stored securely in the Membership Relations office of which is restricted access and guarded by security during office hours. Data files are stored in locked cabinets at all time, unless being accessed by authorised staff for processing purposes.
11. I am aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, SGCC strives to protect the security of my information and is constantly reviewing and enhancing its information security measures.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. SGCC will retain my personal information for as long as it is necessary to my membership with the Country Club. Upon the termination or transfer of my Membership, I acknowledge that SGCC will keep my records on file for a further 5 calendar years for auditing and tracing purposes. After which, said documents will be destroyed in accordance with PDPA regulations.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
13. SGCC generally does not transfer personal data to 3rd parties outside of Singapore. However, from time to time (in line with certain activities or reciprocal arrangements) the Club may require sharing of my data, but will ensure to obtain my consent before said data is shared. SGCC will take steps to ensure that my personal data received the standard of protection comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
14. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal data by SGCC.
15. SGCC may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Hotline: 6286 8888